PHOS Camden Long Logo


“Our football club aims to provide an opportunity, for everyone to take part, develop and learn, in an enjoyable family environment.”


President - Sarah Fitzpatrick

Secretary - Vacant

Treasurer - Craig Hobart

Football Director - Steve Jacquier

Junior President - Brad van de Merwe

Junior Football Director - Simon Ritchie

Commercial Operations Manager - Mick Porter

General Member - Tim Johns

General Member - Ron Duthy

President Over 35s - Chris Djurasevich

Sponsorship Director - Sarah Fitzpatrick / Brad van de Merwe

Social / Fundraising Director - Tonya Atkin / Bronwyn Willmott

Hall of Fame


Mattaes Phillipou PHOSC Player Pic

Mattaes Phillipou


Will Day PHOSC Player Pic

Will Day


Ryan Burton PHOSC Player Pic

Ryan Burton


Brayden Maynard PHOSC Player Pic

Brayden Maynard


Mathew Scharenberg PHOSC Player Pic

Mathew Scharenberg


Haydn Jolly PHOSC Player Pic

Haydn Jolly


James Sellar PHOSC Player Pic

James Sellar



Callum Park PHOSC Player Pic

Callum Park


Casey Voss PHOSC Player Pic

Casey Voss


Finn Betterman PHOSC Player Pic

Finn Betterman


Ben Jarman PHOSC Player Pic

Ben Jarman

Nth Adelaide/Adelaide

Elliot Dunkin PHOSC Player Pic

Elliot Dunkin

West Adelaide

PLayer Thumbnail

Tyler McPherson

West Adelaide

Scotty Bricknell PHOSC Player Pic

Scotty Bricknell

West Adelaide

Daniel Caire PHOSC Player Pic

Damiel Caire

West Adelaide

Tom Harms PHOSC Player Pic

Tom Harms


Phil Raymond PHOSC Player Pic

Phil Raymond

West Torrens

Alex Barnes PHOSC Player Pic

Alex Barnes

North Adelaide

Alek Kangur PHOSC Player Pic

Alek Kangur

North Adelaide

Lukas Kangur PHOSC Player Pic

Lukas Kangur


Shannon Snook PHOSC Player Pic

Shannon Snook


Michael Virgin PHOSC Player Pic

Michael Virgin

Glenelg/Nth Adelaide

Matthew Snook PHOSC Player Pic

Matthew Snook


Carl Nicholson PHOSC Player Pic

Carl Nicholson


Jonty Scharenberg PHOSC Player Pic

Jonty Scharenberg


Josh Koster PHOSC Player Pic

Josh Koster


Ethan Haylock PHOSC Player Pic

Ethan Haylock


Club Song

Are we fit, Are we tough, Are we strong when things get rough,
We are the Phantoms through and though!
In any kind of weather, As long as we’re together,
We’ll fight until for the Gold and Blue!
Are we fit, Are we tough, Are we strong when things get rough,
We are the Phantoms through and though!


Chris Buss Award (Seniors) is for outstanding up and coming young talent.
Garry Williams coached the Phantoms in 2013. Gary unfortunately died in a light airplane crash in 2014.

Life Members

Our History

1994 - Present:


PHOS (Plympton High Old Scholars) was originally based at NS Bull Memorial Oval at the back of the now defunct Plympton HS (now Plympton International College, previously William Light HS) from 1971 until season’s end of 1993. At this time they were given an opportunity to relocate to Camden Oval where the changed their name to PHOS Camden. This allowed them to carry on a proud Football tradition that had been happening on the corner of Anzac Highway and Morphett Road since 1930 where Camden Football Club (and Greek Camden Football Club) had existed previously.

Read All

We are a proud and successful club having won numerous premierships in various football associations making our way in Amateur League from A5 to A1 and achieving two A1 premierships, one in 2000 and the other in 2002. The club has had an impressive list of state and association representatives as well as association best and fairest medal winners. Many past junior players have gone onto play SANFL & AFL football, including: James Sellar (Adelaide 2006/Melbourne), Hayden Jolly (Gold Coast 2011), Mathew Sharenberg (Collingwood 2013), Brayden Maynard (Collingwood 2014) & Ryan Burton (Hawthorn 2015/ Port Power).

In 2015 we were able to achieve the ultimate success in all Senior grades, winning the Division 3 A Grade Premiership, Division 3R B Grade Premiership and Division C3 C Grade Premiership.

Our future seems bright with 3 senior teams and over 400 juniors competing each week from U8’s through to U17’s. The Phantoms also have an over 35s team for those in the twilight of their careers.



Plympton High School was one of the state’s largest schools in the 1960’s and boasted numerous state schoolboy titles during the mid 1960’s to 70’s. (Plympton High School is now Plympton International College was William Light R-12 School)

In 1971 a group of recent old scholars met to establish a football team to keep their school friendships together and to create the Plympton High Old Scholars Football Club. Amongst this inaugural group was Bart Campbell (current Assistant Football Director), Dr Greg Kreis (Timekeeper), Paul Christie (life member) and Steve Ramsey (A grade Team Manager). Many of the early PHOS players still regularly attend the Club.

Read All

The jumper used was 3 vertical stripes of, royal blue, yellow and sky blue – the colours of the Plympton High School football teams. The nickname at the time was The PHOS ‘Panthers’ although not used a great deal. In 1987 the ‘Phantom’ logo was developed as a concept by past player and past President Jim Jackaman (deceased) who also wrote the existing club song. Jim aparently was obsessed with the Phantom comic and had been lobbying for years to change the logo he got his wish when he became president in 1987.

This group of young men (almost all in their teens) encountered teams of mature, tattoo covered men during a period of regular thuggery on the field. They excelled despite this, often posting wins of 20 to 30 goals. In one of the early years PHOS A grade had two players (Paul Christie and Dave Trembath) post over 100 goals each, a feat not matched before or since then.

The inaugural A grade Coach was former Glenelg and State champion, Glen McPherson. He coached the first PHOS premiership side in 1972, when massive brawls were encountered both on and off the field. Steve Ramsey was Captain at the grand age of 20. PHOS were to go on and win further A grade premierships in 1977, 1979, and 1989 before uniting with Camden in 1994.

PHOS was recognised as one of the most successful of the numerous old scholar clubs participating in Amateur League. Life was pretty difficult though as this fledgling club’s committee was made up of the players who had to run the club, raise funds to compete with more established clubs and all without clubrooms. It formed though a close comradery, the basis of which is seen in today’s club culture.

They initially played on the school and Myer oval (later to be named the N S Bull Memorial Oval after our Secretary who died suddenly) and celebrated afterwards in the Saloon Bar at the Highway Inn. After a few years the school allowed the Club to occupy the Common Room in the school so long as their celebrations weren’t too boozy and loud. Then great progress was made when the Club secured licenced premises during the football season at the Myer Bowling Club. The Myer Oval and Clubrooms on Stonehouse Avenue are now occupied by housing.

PHOS decided to move to Camden Oval in 1994 to secure its future with stable, long term clubroom and oval access. This was at times a testing move, but with great leadership from PHOS and committed Camden supporters and management from the Camden era, the relocation has been very successful. Games Record Holder: Sherif Catic 320 Goals Record Holder: Garth Wright 719 (as of 2016) As PHOS Camden, the Club has gone from strength to strength.

(many thanks to Steve Ramsey & Jeff Fulford for providing the above PHOS History)



Camden Football Club began in 1929 in the then Glenelg Districts Football Association when a group of friends, who lived in Camden, decided to form a football club. The club colours were decided as chocolate and blue (the State colours of the time) and the jumper design was alternate chocolate and blue stripes. The original change/club room was a tin shed and the water heater was wood fired, (the shed was still in use by opposition players until the late 1960’s).

After 6 years the club played in it’s first grand final (1935) when at half time the players learned that the umpire had backed the opposition (St. Leonards Football Club) which resulted in fights all over the ground with the umpire being knocked out at the final siren. Camden lost. The coach M.L. (Mo) Tucker who played in the first side in 1929 and all games subsequently, and had coached for 4 years would not continue the following year because of ill discipline, but resumed in 1937 when the club won it’s first premiership. Mo Tucker (1932-33-34-35-37) , together with Mel Brock (1948-1952) were the longest serving coaches in the club’s history.

Read All

Mo returned to the club in the 1960’s after an absence of nearly 30 years as team manager, committee and club steward which continued until 1975. After WW2 the club reformed and continued with varying success being runners-up in 1952 and premiers in 1957 (Lloyd Weston coach). A notable jumper experiment was the change to a blue jumper with a chocolate sash in 1949.

This was quickly discontinued and the jumper became a chocolate body with a blue yoke. In 1970 the jumper was changed to chocolate, white and blue panels (front) and a blue back. Premierships were won in 1972 (Ron Redford coach), 1974-75-76 (John Burkett coach) and runner-up’s 1979.

The club amalgamated with the Greek Football Club in 1987. The newly formed Greek Camden Football Club played in Division 1 SAAFL, winning back to back Division 1 premierships. The first in 1990 where the team was undefeated and again in 1991 losing only two games during the season. The Greek Camden partnership dissolved at season’s end in 1993. PHOS moved to Camden Oval in 1994, the PHOS Camden era began.

(many thanks to Peter Tucker for providing the above Camden FC history)